The objectives of the best practices for the faculty empowerment are to
- Foster in-depth learning of the concepts and understanding of varied topics
- Develop boundary-crossing skills, such as inter-disciplinary thinking, synthesizing knowledge of different disciplines and to cope with complexity
- Ensure the knowledge sharing among the faculty members of various disciplines Make them understand the unknown from known concepts
- Promote and enhance the inter-disciplinary learning by the faculty members as well as the students through inter-department lectures
- Identify the problems of the society and provide solutions through real-time projects by involving the students
The following Inter-disciplinary activities are in practice
TASKS–Teachers Acclaimed Seminar for Knowledge Sharing
Seminar for teachers by the teachers – A forum for knowledge sharing among the faculty members of various departments on inter-disciplinary areas.
FISHing–Faculty Idea Sharing
Implementation of innovative ideas by the faculty members and students
MILES – Mahendra International Lecture Series
Guest lecture by an International personality for the benefit of faculty members and students to have an international exposure in the field of Engineering and Technology.
Learning experiences provided to the students apart from regular class room teaching
- Project work
- Short /long term Industrial visits
- Field work/ Internships
- Oral presentation
- Technical Seminars/symposiums/workshops
- Technical paper presentations/Group discussions
- Providing access to e-journals and e-books
- Club activities
- Soft skill and Technical Training
The impact of such innovative practices is that the faculties and students are exposed to new modern methods of teaching and better understanding of the knowledge transferred to them within the allotted time. It helps to assess and improve the teaching-learning process that happens from the formative to summative period.