Entrepreneurship Development Cell
Entrepreneurship is increasingly recognized as an engine of economic growth propelling the country’s progress. The government of India has understood the immense value entrepreneurship can unlock and has green lighted programs like "Make in India" & "Start-up India" to nudge the entrepreneurship to next level. We are committed to fulfilling the grandiose vision of our beloved Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam and Prime Minister. Narendra Modi to nurture a strong entrepreneurship ecosystem in our country and make engineering student chase the dream of becoming an entrepreneur than just being an “also ran” employee in a corporate world.
With the increasing number of students showing keen and enthusiasm in entrepreneurship, the college is facilitating their interest through Entrepreneurship Development Cell.
The aim of Entrepreneurship Development Cell (EDC) at Mahendra Institute of Technology is to foster and nurture entrepreneurial qualities in the wannabe professionals who are interested in striking out on their own and make a name in the sun. Aspiring engineer entrepreneurs are groomed with the requisite inputs on how to morph in to a successful entrepreneur through a slew of workshops and seminars by eminent professionals from the industry and home grown entrepreneurs. At MIT, we motivate the students to consider self-employment as a probable and gainful career option. The cell also conducts varied activities and events from time to time to train and motivate the students on entrepreneurship.
Objective of Entrepreneurship Development Cell:
- To create an awareness about entrepreneurship at the college level and motivate students to part in Entrepreneurship development cell activities
- To impart training in entrepreneurship to our students and share best practices about entrepreneurship through our well qualified faculty members and experts.
- Entrepreneurship Awareness Drive
- Guest Lectures
- Show casing entrepreneurship Motivational Videos
- Alumni Start up Talk
- High tea with startups (Getting renowned home grown entrepreneurs for discussion and sharing their success story)
- Start Up pitching (sharing business idea for funding)
Internal Quality Assurance cell (IQAC)
- To enhance the quality improvements in the academic process and also as a pre-accreditation exercise Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) was formed in our institution on 12.06.2017.
- The objective of the cell is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the overall performance of the institution at all levels with the involvement of all stakeholders.
The primary aim of IQAC is
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
IQAC shall evolve mechanisms and procedures for
- Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks
- The relevance and quality of academic and research programmes
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and functioning of the support structure and services
Some of the functions of the IQAC are:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process
- Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices.
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality.
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC
IQAC will facilitate / contribute:
- Ensure heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement
- Ensure internalization of the quality culture.
- Ensure enhancement and coordination among various activities of the institution and institutionalize all good practices.
- Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning.
- Build an organized methodology of documentation and internal communication.
Minutes of First Meeting of IQAC
||Dr. T. Elango Principal
||Dr. R. Samson Ravindran
Executive Director, Mahendra Educational Institutions
||Dr. G. Palanichetty
Dr. P. Dhanapal
Prof & Head-Department of Mechanical Engineering
|Members from Administration
Mr. B. Ramesh - Finance Officer
Mr. S. Bharathi - Administrative Officer
|Members of Faculty
||Dr. M. Prabhu - Prof & Head-Department of Biomedical Engineering
Dr. Amos Robert Jayachandran - Prof & Head-Department of Mechanical Engineering
Dr. J. Stanly Jaya Prakash - Prof & Head-Department of CSE
Prof. T. Somasundaram - Prof & Head-Department of EEE
Dr. S. Prabu -
Prof & Head-Department of ECE
Dr. N. R. Aravamudhan -
Prof & Head-Department of MBA
Prof. T. Ganesan -
Prof & Head-Department of Automobile Engineering
Prof. E. Balaji -
Prof & Head-Department of Civil Engineering
||Dr. C. T. Sivakumar
||Dr. M. Prabhu
Prof & Head-Department of Biomedical Engineering
|Nominee from Local Society
|Nominee from Industry
||Dr.A.Narendra Kumar -
Sr.Manager , WIPRO Technologies, Chennai
||Mr. R. Sachidhanantham, TCS, Chennai
||Mr. R. Kishore kumar, Final year ECE
- Anti-ragging Cell consists of senior faculty members.
- Takes adequate measures for prevention of ragging.
- Duties are allotted to the faculty members inside the premises that include hostels, canteen, parking places, different blocks, play grounds, buses etc.
- Explains the students about the severity of punishments and the consequences likely to be imposed as per the government order.
- The Anti-Ragging Cell in-charge shall take an appropriate decision, with regard to punishment or otherwise, depending on the facts of each incident of ragging and nature and gravity of the incident of ragging
The Anti Ragging Committee Members are:
||Dr. T. Elango
||Dr. G. Palanichetty
||Dr. Amos Robert Jayachandran
||Dr. J. Stanly Jaya Prakash
||Computer Science & Engineering
||Prof. T. Somasundaram
||Electrical & Electronics Engineering
||Dr. S. Prabu
||Electronics & Communication Engineering
||Dr. M. Prabhu
||Prof. T. Ganesan
||Prof. E. Balaji
||Dr. K. Rajkumar
||Mr. M. Kumaran