DEPARTMENT OF CIVIL ENGINEERING
To be the fountain-head of quality education delivering civil engineers empowered with necessary knowledge, skill and personality who can lead the society towards sustainability
- Providing the graduates with in-depth understanding of fundamentals and practical training related to professional skills and their applications through effective Teaching-Learning Process and state of the art laboratories and inter disciplinary areas.
- Inculcate technical, team work management and communication skills to function in multi-discipline teams across globe
- Preparing graduates in developing research, design, entrepreneurial skills and employability capabilities.
- Promoting the graduates to enhance the research and innovations to meet industrial and society needs.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
Graduates will be able to
PEO 1: Excel to take up challenging professional roles successfully in industry or be successful entrepreneurs to create sustainable built environment.
PEO 2: Pursue higher education and involve in research with zeal for life long learning.
PEO 3: Demonstrate leadership qualities, excellent communication skills, ethical values and environmental awareness, to serve the society.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
Graduates will be able to
PSO1: To provide the solution for environmental problems by design and construction of green building to achieve sustainable energy.
PSO2: Survey, plan, design, estimate and execution of civil engineering projects.
PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (POs):
On successful completion of the programme,
- Graduates will demonstrate knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering.
- Graduates will demonstrate an ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems.
- Graduate will demonstrate an ability to design and conduct experiments, analyze and interpret data.
- Graduates will demonstrate an ability to design a system, component or process as per needs and specifications.
- Graduates will demonstrate an ability to visualize and work on laboratory and multidisciplinary tasks.
- Graduate will demonstrate skills to use modern engineering tools, software and equipment to analyze problems.
- Graduates will demonstrate knowledge of professional and ethical responsibilities.
- Graduate will be able to communicate effectively in both verbal and written form.
- Graduate will show the understanding of impact of engineering solutions on the society and also will be aware of contemporary issues.
- Graduate will develop confidence for self education and ability for life-long learning.
Faculty & Staff
|News / Events